These Bourbon Pralines are Pure Bliss
What do you get when you cross Chef Jennifer Hill Booker's creative culinary mind with Rabbit Hole Distillery's Heigold Kentucky Straight Bourbon?
Heigold Kentucky Straight Bourbon Pecan Pralines
yields about a dozen pralines
Recipe by Jennifer Hill Booker
1 cup light brown sugar
1 cup sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup heavy cream
½ teaspoon cream of tartar
4 tablespoons salted cold butter, cut into chunks
2 cups pecan halves or pieces
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
1-ounce Rabbit Hole Distillery Bourbon
· Combine the sugars, cream, cream of tartar and butter in a heavy saucepan.
· Whisk over medium heat until the sugar dissolves, scrapping the crystals from the sides of the pan with a rubber spatula.
· Cook for 20-25 minutes or until the mixture reaches the softball stage which is 234*F-240*F on a candy thermometer; stirring occasionally.
· Add the pecans and cook, stirring constantly with the rubber spatula for 5 minutes.
· Remove from heat and vigorously beat in the vanilla and Heigold Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey until the mixture looks creamy around the edges of the pan, about 5 minutes.
· Using a soup spoon or small scoop, drop the candy mixture into 2-inch rounds on waxed or parchment paper. If mixture starts to stiffen up, place over very low heat and stir until warm and pliable.
· Once the pralines have cooled, remove from the parchment paper and Enjoy!
For my more delicious recipes by Chef Jenn-go to ChefJenniferHillBooker.com
photos courtesy of Rabbit Hole Distillery